What are bioplastics?
What they can and cannot do?
What their role in the circular economy and reducing plastic and food waste?
You are invited to watch here
- Julia Schifter, VP Strategy Analysis TIPA Sustainable Packaging Israel
- Andy Sweetman, Chairman of BBIA and Marketing Manager Europe and the Middle East for Futamura Films Ltd UK
- Dr John Williams, Director of Aquapakpolymers Ltd UK a bioplastics producer, and S’Investec Ltd a biotechnology investor
Moderator, David Newman, Managing Director of BBIA and former President of the International Solid Waste Association
- Reducing plastic packaging waste
- The difference between bio-based and compostable and bio-based and durable plastics
- Oxo-degradable plastics
- Where bio-based plastics are best suited in current marketplaces and where their use is least advisable
- How bio-plastics fit into waste management systems, food waste capture and plastic waste reduction
- Myths and legends around bio-plastics and marine pollution
- Bioplastics from the point of view of a buyer
- Converting bioplastics into finished packaging products
- Bioplastic packaging products role in the circular economy
- Production of bio-plastics and development of international market-places