Webinar – the Bioplastics and the Circular Economy
What are bioplastics?
What they can and cannot do?
What their role in the circular economy and reducing plastic and food waste?
You are invited to watch here
- Julia Schifter, VP Strategy Analysis TIPA Sustainable Packaging Israel
- Andy Sweetman, Chairman of BBIA and Marketing Manager Europe and the Middle East for Futamura Films Ltd UK
- Dr John Williams, Director of Aquapakpolymers Ltd UK a bioplastics producer, and S’Investec Ltd a biotechnology investor
Moderator, David Newman, Managing Director of BBIA and former President of the International Solid Waste Association
- Reducing plastic packaging waste
- The difference between bio-based and compostable and bio-based and durable plastics
- Oxo-degradable plastics
- Where bio-based plastics are best suited in current marketplaces and where their use is least advisable
- How bio-plastics fit into waste management systems, food waste capture and plastic waste reduction
- Myths and legends around bio-plastics and marine pollution
- Bioplastics from the point of view of a buyer
- Converting bioplastics into finished packaging products
- Bioplastic packaging products role in the circular economy
- Production of bio-plastics and development of international market-places