Who we are:
TIPA is a fast-growing, international company, HQ based in Israel with subsidiaries overseas, developing and manufacturing flexible compostable packaging. Our vision is that compostable flexible packaging becomes part of a systemic solution to the global plastic pollution challenge. We offer consumers and brands the durability and shelf life they have come to expect of ordinary plastics, whilst offering a safe and sustainable end-of-use cycle.
We are looking for a Public Affairs Expert Veteran, to join TIPA’s fast-growing activities in North America and lead it.
The role reports to the VP of Marketing, based at TIPA’s HQ, in Israel.
The ideal situation for TIPA would be that the candidate works full-time, on a Consulting mode.
- Bachelor’s degree is required MA is preferable.
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience, of which at least 5- in a Corporate position. Working experience in the packaging, chemical, or plastics industry is an advantage, work experience in the food or fashion industry is an additional asset.
- Relevant skills’ sets developed throughout a career in Corporate/Public Affairs/External Communications or equivalent function.
- Proven ability to effectively network and build lasting relationships by demonstrating strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Proven skills of setting up and driving successful communication and engagement strategies.
- Agile, goal-oriented, and objective-driven. Ability to work independently and remotely.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English – knowledge of Spanish is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, public speaking, and presentation skills.
- A global mindset with proven aptitude to work in a multicultural/multilingual environment, and a keen interest in environmental and sustainability issues.
The essence of the role is to drive engagement in the North American market with key stakeholder in the public and private sector, to open new public relations opportunities for TIPA® and to orchestrate TIPA’s representation in relevant trade bodies, platforms, and events.
- Map key US stakeholders and monitor relevant issues
- Set up engagement/communication strategy for the US market to mitigate risk and anticipate regulatory/policy change
- Engage with US policymakers to support brand visibility, extend customer base and gain new market access
Engage with international organizations (such as UN Environment, WorldBank, P4G, etc.) in order to support TIPA’s brand visibility, gain new market access, and access to funds.
Messaging and Communications:
Offer market feedback re TIPA’s messaging, to assist in a polished and accurately-clear public-sector relevant message of TIPA®.
Work with PR & Policy Advocacy agencies:
Work with the Policy Advocacy & PR agencies, together with the marketing team, in order to leverage a strong and effective plan to shift legislation, as well as the market, towards compostable solutions, as a mainstream option, as well as TIPA® as a thought-leader in that category.
- A comprehensive mapping of relevant issues and stakeholders for the North American market.
- Access to and engagement with key North American opinion leaders and stakeholders.
- Progress dialogues with North American policymakers, with concrete plans for collaboration (PPP, RFP submission, grant application, etc.).
- TIPA representation in key North American trade bodies, platform, and event in the field of sustainability/Circular Economy and plastic packaging.
- A developed communication package, per audience-groups (Public sector, Corporate.
Please forward your CV to:
The role refers to both male & female applicants