Who we are:
TIPA® is a fast growing, international start-up, based in Hod Hasharon, developing and manufacturing flexible compostable packaging. Our vision is for flexible plastic packaging to have the same end-of-life as the organic waste cycle, while also offering consumers and brands the durability and shelf life they have come to expect from ordinary plastics.
About the role:
- We are looking for an R&D Director to join the TIPA® Technology Unit, in order to take part in leading a small team of research-engineers in the ongoing scientific research tasks, both in monitoring the project management of the unit’s tasks-pool and in serving as the VP of Technology’s right hand while he is abroad. Another task is line-manufacturing follow-up (including travelling abroad).
The role is a full-time role, with extra hours & some oversea travel; TIPA® HQ are based in Hod-Hasharon.
We aim for a candidate with:
- Former experience of 2-4 years in team management, preferably in start-ups
- Former experience in technology project management tasks
- Former experience working in start-ups
- High level of English (reading, writing and formal speech)
- High level of independence at work
- Hands-on abilities; agility & readiness to work in an intense, fast-growing start-up!
- PhD or MA in Plastic Engineering/Chemical Engineering/Chemistry or any other relevant scientific academic field
- Proven ability working in the field of polymers
- Former knowledge in films – within the flexible packaging industry – an advantage
- Former experience with process control and statistical analysis – an advantage
- Knowledge with DOE- an advantage
Please forward your CV to: Careers@tipa-corp.com
The role refers to both male & female applicants