Who we are
TIPA is a fast-growing, international start-up with a mission to change the trajectory of plastic packaging. We have made a global impact by developing and manufacturing flexible compostable films. Our vision is for compostable packaging to become part of a systemic solution to the global plastic pollution challenge. We offer consumers and brands the durability and shelf life they have come to expect of ordinary plastics, whilst ensuring a safe and sustainable end-of-life solution.
We are looking for
A customer focused Industrial Engineer specializing in Flexible Packaging – with experience in working with converting firms, to join TIPA’s global team. This position is based in North America and will assist in the Operational deployment with the variety of TIPA’s Converters in North America, mainly in United States & Canada. The candidate should ideally have prior experience in a role of a customer-facing technical engineer, at a Flexible Packaging producer’s firm.
– This is a full-time role, based in North America, with a preference to New York.
-The role reports directly to the Head of Region, based in TIPA’s North American Business Unit, in NY.
-The role includes all aspects of supporting customer manufacturing and converting, including engineering and operational support for both film manufacturing and film converting. Thus, assisting in scaling up the roll-out and use of TIPA’s products in the region, by working closely with TIPA’s global Operations.
-This role is the first point of contact for support, trials and production and therefore requires independence, planning and commitment to the Customer both in time and location.
-This is a hybrid mode role (part-time at the office, part-time from home, and if needed, visiting clients).
-The role requires ongoing commute across North America, as per the Converters’ location, ongoing communication with Regional Head and TIPA’s HQ, based in Israel, and much independence at work.
- At least 3 years of experience in the field, working with converters in the packaging industry, preferably films, but would consider other packaging types
- Languages required: English, Spanish would be a secondary benefit
- Advantageous: former experience in a technical role providing onsite support to manufacturing operations and/or end-customers for a film producer as a professional engineer or technical representative at a Flexible Packaging producer firm. Handing and managing new customers and development of commercial production capability. Experience of digital and flexo printing is advantageous
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering – advantageous.
- Close familiarity with global sustainability agenda issues.
- Interpersonal and influencing-skills, throughout all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently, and professionally.
The role applies to both male & female applicants