Press Release: TIPA® Compostable Packaging expands into Italian market with expert hire
- TIPA expands into booming Italian compostable materials market in response to available composting infrastructure and readiness of Italian consumers for compostable packaging
- TIPA answers market demand for sustainable alternatives across entire packaging supply chain with high-performance, fully compostable alternative to conventional plastic
- Italy is a geographically strategic location for TIPA, who is increasing their commercial developments in compostable packaging solutions globally
- Italian Sales Director Annalisa Nissola joins the team with extensive experience in flexible food packaging and sustainable development
WORLD-leading compostable packaging producer TIPA has today announced its expansion into the Italian market with an expert new hire.
Italy’s compostable materials market has boomed in recent years as consumers continue to look for sustainable alternatives to conventional plastic.
Assobioplastiche found the amount of compostable packaging produced in Italy grew by more than 150 percent in just seven years, rising from 39,250 tons in 2012 to 101,000 tons in 2019, and demand continues.
TIPA’s packaging solutions will be the available on the market, offering high-performance compostable films and laminates that perform like conventional plastic but can be disposed of using Italy’s existing composting infrastructure and decompose back into the soil just like organic waste.
Italy boasts over 85 companies active in converting, with exports accounting for almost half of production. TIPA’s packaging is a ‘plug and play’ solution adapted for industry machinery and manufacturing practices and offers a solution that is fitted to existing packaging supply chains.
Annalisa Nissola joins TIPA as its first Italian Sales Director. She brings more than 10 years’ experience working in sales and business development within the packaging industry.
Ms Nissola will lead TIPA’s expansion into Italy, generating partnerships with players across the entire packaging supply chain transitioning to compostable packaging.
Ms Nissola said: “Italy is a world-leader in composting infrastructure and there is high consumer demand for compostable packaging. TIPA’s technology is primed to respond to this demand, and I am excited to work with Italy’s pioneering brands putting the planet first by transitioning to TIPA’s compostable packaging.”
Daphna Nissenbaum, CEO and Co-Founder of TIPA said: “TIPA is leading commercial developments and compostable solutions on a global scale, and expanding into the Italian market due to the readiness of its composting infrastructure and strategic geographic location. Annalisa brings a raft of expertise in sustainable flexible packaging that will be crucial to this expansion. “
David Newman, Managing Director of the BBIA said: “TIPA’s expansion into Italy couldn’t come at a better time. The Italian compostable materials market is skyrocketing and there is real demand for high-performance compostable materials that are genuinely sustainable. The rest of the world can learn a lot from Italy’s attitude towards compostable materials. There is a real opportunity to slash plastic waste on a global scale if governments follow Italy’s lead and introduce composting infrastructure at scale.”
For more information contact:
07713 135 911
- Inspired by nature, TIPA®’s compostable packaging solutions are designed to break down within months under compost conditions just like any organic matter.
- TIPA® packaging provides solutions for the food and fashion industries, and is built to fit existing machinery and supply chains.
- The company’s packaging solutions are currently being implemented worldwide by leading global brands in Europe, Australia, and the US.
- For more Information: tipa-corp.com